Melissa Stone Myers (Principal Attorney)
Community and peace of mind are at the heart of StoneMyers Law PLLC.
In 2006, Melissa Stone Myers and her family moved to Austin from Delaware, where she practiced patent litigation with Morris, Nichols, Arsht & Tunnell LLP. Planting new roots in a new state, Melissa and her family started a new life chapter in Texas. As her community grew, Melissa realized how many other families were transplants, like her, without nearby family for support.
Understanding the need to gain clarity and peace-of-mind around a future full of uncertainties, Melissa decided to pursue a new legal path and career centered around helping others – and StoneMyers Law was born from this passion. Since then, she and her team have helped countless individuals, families, and small businesses plan for the future and achieve their goals.
J.D. cum laude, Boston University School of Law (1998)
B.S. Biochemistry (minor Chemistry), magna cum laude, University at Albany, SUNY (1995)
- US District Court for the District of Delaware
- District of Columbia (inactive status)
- Pennsylvania (inactive status)
- Massachusetts (inactive status)
- Austin Bar Association
- Austin Bar Foundation Fellow
- Texas Bar College
- Texas Bar Association
- Phi Beta Kappa Society
- Austin CANLAW Clinic- Estate Planning Attorney volunteer
- USA Swimming Stroke & Turn Judge Official 2017-present
- Trinity University Parent Council Volunteer
- James Bowie High School
- Swim & Dive Team: Booster Club President 2018-2020; VP 2017- 2018
- Ultimate Frisbee Team: Booster Club Co-President 2018-2019
- Liberal Arts & Science Academy High School
- Parents and Friends of LASA Secretary 2017- 2018
- LASA Application Mentoring Program
- Kealing Middle School
- Kealing Magnet Advisory Group 2013- 2016 (Co-Chair, Secretary)
- Sixth Grade Magnet Field Trip Chair 2013-2014
- Bethany Lutheran Church
- Confirmation Huddle Group Leader 2016-2018
- Middle School Youth Sunday School Teacher 2014-2016
- VBS Assistant to Leader of Citizens in Action 2014
- Kiker Elementary School
- Kiker Groovin’ On the Green Annual Fundraiser 2011-2013
- Kiker PTA ACPTA Representative 2010-2012
- Kiker PTA Treasurer 2008-2010
- Lonestar Soccer (Select Team Manager; Assistant Rec Coach)
- Circle C Seals Summer League Swim Team (Awards Coordinator; Computer Chair)
Melissa and her husband, Duane, live in Austin, TX. They have twin daughters, Caroline and Elizabeth, who are currently attending Trinity University and Rice University. Melissa loves spending time with family and friends and staying active through running, cycling, or hiking. She loves to explore life through travel, and her sense of adventure and passion for learning is only second to her love of family.
Book a Consult
The fastest way to determine a path forward in your estate planning is to schedule an appointment for a consult with StoneMyers Law. We'll take the time to listen to your desires to leave a legacy for your family and come up with the right plan to make that happen!
There are many moving parts with Estate Planning, and our team will help you confidently navigate the process. We will expertly guide you through the process and show you every rock in the river along the way.
Probate of Estates
Probate is the legal process of distributing the assets and estate of a deceased person. This includes resolving all probate property issues like taxes, insurance, title, and paying creditors for any outstanding money owed by the deceased.
Starting a business is a big step, and we are here to help make sure you are taking all of the steps needed during startup and formation to do it right. Let us help you achieve your business goals.